Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, August 22

Flannel Baby Blankets.

Hard to imagine that winter is coming!  It is so hot outside. But it will come and we will be yearning to be warm again.  Here are some flannel Baby Receiving Blankets with crochet edging to show you.

White Edging with a Blue Bullion Rose.

Yellow Edging with a Yellow Bullion Rose.

Pink Crochet with a Pink Bullion Rose.

White Crochet with a White Bullion Rose.

I love them all but the White edging  with the white Rose is my favorite. 
Very snuggly!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

5 comments:

June said...

These flannel receiving blankets were always my faves when I was having children Jeannie. Yours are so lovely!
hugs from here...

Sewconsult said...

So sweet. I think my favorite is the blue. I am drawn to anything blue. I wish my mother was still able to make these as she did for her children and grandchildren. I saved the ones she made for my daughters.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN

Kellie said...

Love these! I need to learn to crochet!

Val said...

Absolutely beautiful. My dad bought me a lot of yarn and stuff at an estate sale. It had trim like this in it but not long enough to put on a blanket. I LOVE this.

lydmarc said...

I know this post is very old but I found it on the internet and wondered what size/weight thread or yarn do you use for the crochet trim? Love these blankets! thanks so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails