Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, November 29

Sweet Old Bishop Dresses.


Two Smocked Bishops made for Myra's daughter.
While teaching for It's Sew Heavenly, Myra brought a treasure to show me.  

Thank you Myra.
 I love to see your treasures!

Last year Myra brought the Christening Gown to show me.
Her Mother smocked these two dresses.
Tone on tone.  So pretty.

I love that she can take these dresses out and remember how her Mother made them for her.  

Mothers are wonderful like that!

This is my White Wednesday for this week!





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

4 comments:

Jean said...

Those are lovely. I especially like the whiter one--is there a smocking pattern for that?? If not, someone should publish one!

Jeannie B. said...

Jean, Myra told me that her Mother made up the designs!

Jan said...

Love seeing old smocked dresses. I had a customer tell me a few years ago that her husband used a smocked dress that her grandmother had stitched up as a grease rag. I just couldn't fathom him doing that. I told him he had to go away from me before I hurt him. I still can't imagine anyone ever doing that!

Goosegirl said...

Oh these are lovely! How fun to have these heirlooms.

Related Posts with Thumbnails