Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, January 4

Smocked Bonnet.

This Bonnet  is in my Smocked Baby Clothes pattern.
This is the Classic Smocked Bonnet.

I love the way it frames a Baby's face. 

 They look like the center of a Flower!

Side View of Bonnet.

My friend Lorraine P came up with this finish when she was smocking Premie Bonnets.
Do you see how the edge is finished?  It has been serged with the Rolled Hem on a Serger.  And no fancy thread was used.  Regular Dual Duty Thread in colors.
I love this finish.

Adjustable back, closed with a ribbon.

This is my White Wednesday for today with Faded Charm.

"There are two ways to reflect light:
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
Edith Warton, 1862-1937






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011 Jeannie Baumeister

4 comments:

Used-to-Bees said...

So sweet! The model is so beautiful too, and really sets the bonnet off to perfection!
x

Kellie said...

I love it! I just cut out a small bishop and also cut out a bonnet to go with it... thanks to your beautiful bonnet bonanza!

Leonor said...

Hi, is beautiful, but i did´nt get it how to do....please can you explain me

Jeannie B. said...

Hi Leonor, The pattern and instructions are in the pattern "Smocked Baby Clothes". www.oldfashionedbaby.com

Happy you like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails