Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, September 11

Heirloom Market in Birmingham

One fun elements of market for Shop owners is to see the garments made up!
I went to the Heirloom Sewing Market in Birmingham over the weekend.
I have a booth where I sell my OFB patterns, buttons and jewlery to shops.

Thousands of Mother of Pearl Buttons

Emma's Smocked Baby Dresses made from a cute print.

The Handmade Dress was my booth neighbor.
The entire family was there on Monday morning.

Right around the corner from me was The Ulster Linen Co.
I love their linen!  

This little Baby dress was featured in Sew Beautiful magazine.  It is from the pattern Best Embroidered Baby Clothes One.  

Made, of course, from Ulster Linen!

Go to your local shops today
 and see what pretty things they brought home from Market!!!

market post to be continued.....


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

WendyBee said...

I'm not sure, but it seems like heirloom sewing is a Southern thing? Every time I see these posts about markets and articles about conventions on heirloom sewing, I am so jealous! I never see this sort of thing up here in the (extreme) Northeast. Someday (perhaps when I retire!), I want to make OFB garments and find (or indoctrinate) some kindred spirits so we can stitch together and have tea luncheons, and ooh and aah over each other's grandchildren!
You've given me something to which to aspire!

Related Posts with Thumbnails