Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, July 27

"Emma's Smocked Baby Dress" - Available Again!

The OFB Emma's Smocked Baby Dress pattern is available again.

This is the Fancy version in the pattern.

Pretty smocking.  Fine embroidery.  And Entredeux and Lace Edging to finish the neck.

I used Anchor Embroidery Floss.
One strand for embroidery.

Two or Three strands for the Smocking.

Embellished Sleeves.

A Lacy Hem.

With embroidered Bullion Roses.

I love this easy little tucked dress back.

This fabric is Swiss Fairy Fabric.  
Fine and sheer, but when starched, it's easy to use.



Here is the very same  fancy dress in Blue Fairy Fabric.

I am happy to tell you this pattern is available to purchase again.

I will be featuring more of the Emma pattern this week.

It is one of my very favorite.










All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2015 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Jean said...

It's a beautiful pattern. I just made two in the spring: a fancy one in blue batiste and a simple one in a cute print with Swiss eyelet edging. Both made very popular baby gifts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails