Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, April 16

30 Minutes of Fun

I take the message on this bag seriously!

Today was a busy day, but I took 30 minutes to stitch on my Son #2's Quilt


I started his quilt in 2012, and have a bit completed.  This project was put aside as other things popped up.  And he didn't seem in any hurry for it, so I wan't either.

That changed when I gave Son#1 his quilt recently.  

Son #2 started asking me where was the quilt I was making him.  I am so excited about that!!!  Sometimes I wonder if my kids are just being polite or do they really want what I am making them.

So this Red Quilt is out on my Sewing Table.
I love sewing on it.

I love sewing especially for someone.
Someone special to me.


And I am having extra fun because I am using my Mom's old Featherweight machine.
It reminds me of her.

Turns out, you can do a lot in 30 minutes.
Two completed squares and bits and pieces put together, ready to make more squares.


I love the timer feature on my Phone.

I encourage you all to take 30 minutes today and just sew something!



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2016 Jeannie Baumeister


2 comments:

Eileen said...

I will be finishing up sewing for the school musical tonight. After this week is over I can get going on my projects!

Isabel Furtado de Mednonça said...

Love the idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails