Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, April 25

Austrian Button Card For Sale - Fancy


This Button Card is from Circa 1914.
They are hand sewn onto this card.
Each card has 1 Gross of Buttons.  That is 12 Dozen Buttons, which is 144 individual Buttons!


On the back of the card you can see how they were stamped "Made in Austria".

My Button Man would tell me how they were made just prior to WW1 and a bit about the geography of the countries before boundries were shifted after the war.

I think he told me that his Grandfather who started the Button Business came from that area of Europe.

These buttons have pretty carvings.  They measure 3/8" each.

These are great for Collectors, Button Lovers or people who want a quality button with a past!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2016 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Martha said...

Love these and the other 3 cards I have! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails