Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, July 2

A Week of Sewing in Pictures - Day2

I completed the embroidery design near the hem and began construction on my Daygown.

The fabric is a wonderful Linen.

I haven't removed the Fabric Marker lines from the embroidery.  But I can see that it came out cute.   The design is from my Embroidery Book.   I can't decide if I want any embroidery at the top of the Daygown.  

When in doubt….wait.

After it's finished I will know if I need or want more embroidery.

I chose the Buttons so I could stitch the buttonholes.  I always stitch the buttonholes before I put on the Neck Binding.  The fabric feeds better and the buttonholes look nicer.

I had a visit with my Quilting Neighbor and brought along my Peter Rabbit Baby Blanket to quilt.

I love the way the quilting causes the figures to pop out.

And I love Peter Rabbit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails