Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, March 23

More Featherweight Stitching Fun!

My Friend and her Featherweight came to sew again!
(see here  to know what I'm talking about)

We added to our slowly growing pile of cute little blocks.


Hers Blue and mine Pink.

We decided to go fabric shopping to get more pink and blue fabric-very fun.

I did buy more pink fabric. 
 However, blue being my favorite color….I decided I needed to have a blue quilt also.

The picture above is my blue selection.
LOVE. IT.


We found a beautiful quilt hanging in the shop, Quilted Owl in New Orleans.

It's the  new Quilted Owl "Block of The Month".  It's called Orphan train, inspired by the Orphan Train that came through Louisiana, depositing orphans to new homes.

And yes, we signed up for it.
I liked the muted colors in the quilt.

It is way beyond my skill level but my Friend will help me.

I hope you have a friend to sew with!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2017 Jeannie Baumeister




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails