Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, September 15

A Book That Inspires Me!


This is a wonderful book.

Great ideas, text and techniques.  I had the privilege of taking a class from the author many, many years ago and she expanded my perception about what embroidery can be.  


This is an excerpt from the book to tease you.

I don't think this book is in print but you might find it by searching the web.  I am a believer in books.  The more you have, the more you can experience different methods and techniques for the stitches you love. And the better your skills will be.  Plus they inspire you to greatness! 

I think we are often confined by information we are taught by experts.  But I would say to you  "There are no rules in stitching…only helpful tips to achieve the look you are striving for."

Have  a Happy Sewing Day!






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2017 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

thimblegirl said...

I got this book from Ebay several years ago and it is one of my favourites, too! I often pick it up just to thumb through the pages. Thanks, Jeannie.

SAGANews said...

Have this book too. I bought it years ago in a second hand book shop for $5. A bargain! Such a great resource.

Related Posts with Thumbnails