Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, September 25

Baby Shower - Six Days Away!!


Basic Gown shell is done.  It needs the Lace Hem, Sleeves (working on them), Neck finished.  
And embroidery.

I have been having the BEST time stitching this Baby Gown for my new Granddaughter due in November!!

I have been taking my sweet time enjoying every stitch.  Stop for tea.  Stop to read.  Stop for Friends. Stop for this.  Stop for that.

With the shower just six days away, I need to Stop my fiddle faddleing!!

Last night I attached the entredeux to the sleeve edge.


This morning I whipped the Maline Lace Baby Beading to the entredeux.

You can see I am stitching it by hand.  I usually do this by machine but two factors led me to hand  stitch  the straight lace beading.

1.  I dug through my special trims and found a bit of old (not vintage) entredeux which is amazingly lovely.  The holes are quite small,  making it more difficult to attach the lace perfectly by machine.
2.  The heading on the lace beading is narrow.  Now I had no problem attaching this same beading by machine to make the lace fancy band but decided because of the entredeux I would just whip it by hand.  

It was done in a jiffy.  
I couldn't have been much quicker by machine….honestly!

I can not wait to take this blue marking out and see how nice the hand stitched tucks and embroidery really are!!

There really isn't quite as much to do as it seams (I hope….I do tend to be unrealisticly optimistic)  and I will be ready by next Sunday Baby Shower.

My prayer for my Granddaughter….May the Lord keep this little one safe as she continues to grow and grow, waiting for her birth day.

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my
mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:14







All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2017 Jeannie Baumeister


SaveSave

3 comments:

Berryhill Heirlooms said...

That is absolutely beautiful, Jeannie! I love the lace insertions on the front of the gown.

Jeannie B. said...

Thanks Susie:)

stevenjared0853 said...

Wow!! I loved the things you prepared for baby shower. For my baby shower at one of venues in Chicago. My mom did a great job by doing best arrangements there and all the ideas she took from net. Was very happy to see her efforts and really thanked her.

Related Posts with Thumbnails