Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, July 10

Featherweight Sewing Love - Lizzie's Legacy

My Friend came to stay a couple of days with me to work on our Lizzie's Legacy Quilt.

She brought her Featherweight Sewing Machine.

I have 21 blocks stitched in many different pink prints.

We have only stitched on our quilts when we have been together.  We began our quilts in Feb, 2017. She lives four hours away so we haven't been able to stitch together as much as we'd like.


My Friends blocks are  looking like a Quilt!!

My Friend finished all 30 of the blocks she needed for her quilt.  And she already had the plain blocks cut out and ready to stitch.  Before she left, her blocks were stitched together in strips and some strips were together too.

 As she left my house she said "I hope I don't have to wait until we get together again to finish this!"  Ha Ha.     She is so close to finishing, she will have it complete in no time.

In this close up you can see that the plain blocks are made of a small print.  It's the same background fabric as mine, except mine is pink. 

This quilt is on page 38 of  Betsy Chutchian's book Lizzie's Legacy.  The book  has quotes from Lizzie's journal which gives you a glimpse into her Pioneer life. 

"This morning I quilted some - in the evening I and Martha picked geese - Martha White came down this evening and I sewed a little for her on the machine - she in turn helped us pick geese."  from Lizzie's journal on February 7, 1876






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2018. Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails