Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, March 20

Total Self Isolation - Day 7


Today I am sorting out  orders from selling on De Stash.
Will get them all invoiced today!

I made the decision to totally stay away from everyone one week ago.  At 68 I hardly considered myself elderly but I was in for a surprise - everyone else thinks I am!  And I have some underlying health issues that put me at high risk.  AND I am just getting over my second bout of Bronchitis in two months. 

 I don't want to get sick again!

For the first time in over a month I felt well enough to get on my bike and ride it.

I moved less than a month ago and my new home gives me access to a bike/walking trail - love it!

Well, I have missed you dear Blogging Friends.
I'll be seeing more of you.

And I'm gong to plan a  Sew Along to help keep us connected.




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

7 comments:

Andrea H. said...

I was just thinking about you today and hoping you were doing well. I so miss all the beautiful creations and stitching that you excel at. Stay safe and know that you have very much been missed!

Andrea H. said...

I was thinking about you today and hoping you were doing well. I have so missed your posts with all your beautiful creations and stitches. Take care and know that you have been sorely missed!

Alicia said...

A Sew-Along would be marvelous! I have never gotten to take a class from you and maybe this could suffice for now as I too am practicing self isolation. At a young-feeling and active 66, I too am aghast at being labeled "elderly"!

I prefer to think of this time as my retreat; a time to sew, meditate on God's word, and do some spring cleaning.

Bring on some rolling and whipping!
Alicia

The Old Fashioned Baby said...

I love the idea of thinking of this isolation time as a Retreat! Thanks

Denise-Ann said...

A sew along would be great, as I too do not think I will get to a class (sighing here) which is a dream of mine. And have missed your blogs. one of the first things I do when I get up. I am labeled elderly as well. The phone calls from one of my sons "Mum have you gone down to the block yet, you need to to get away from the Covid-19. " The government shut down our borders today, closed cafes, coffee shops, etc to take away only. We will survive. Takes care and stay safe and well everyone

The Old Fashioned Baby said...

Thank you for commenting . It is so nice to hear from you. Makes me a little less lonely!

Tracey Roberts said...

Where can I find the Smocking De Stash? Thank you

Related Posts with Thumbnails