Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, July 7

Starting a Toddler Nighty



I began a Nighty for Londyn today.  
This is Day Two for #juststitchsevendaychallenge

I am using a cotton Batiste that will be the perfect weight for  warm summer nights. I am stitching tucks in the Front Yoke using a tuck guide from another pattern. 


 "Sweet Summer Nightgown & Slip Pattern" does not have tucks but it's an easy thing to add them. I am making Size 2 for Londyn.


I looked through my Embroidery Book for a bit of embroidery to go between the tucks.  There wasn't much room when I figured in the seam allowances though. So I am  stitching three little Roses between the Tucks.  In the book, they suggest using the design on a Daygown.

By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom.
3:13














All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Becky said...

Londyn will love that!

The Old Fashioned Baby said...

Thankyou Becky! I hope you are sewing too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails