Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, June 25

Baby Charlotte in Smocked Dress




Baby Charlotte is my precious Great Granddaughter!
She is the happiest Baby I have ever seen.

Charlotte is 10 Months old in this photo.

She is wearing a Smocked Dress I made for her, using my pattern "Baby's Smocked Layette"
I made the Large size - (to 20 lbs)

I adjusted the pattern to add a regular hem that can be turned under.

I did this by simply adding 3" to the bottom of the Front and Back of the pattern.  I curved the lower edge to reflect the original pattern.

I used the Bias Binding option in View 1.

Then I gently gathered Lace Edging and whipped it under the Binding.

I also stitched Bullion Roses around the hem, which is a sweet touch!

You know how sometimes a garment surpasses your  cuteness expectations?

Well, I am in  LOVE  with this little Blue dress on Charlotte!


The fabric is easy care  poly/cotton Blue Microcheck. The French Lace Edging is the perfect baby size and the Pink Smocking/Embroidery really stands out on the Blue.

I have put together a kit in my Web Shop if you are interested.  It has the same easy care fabric for the Dress, the same  Baby Lace and Pearl Buttons  and also includes a cotton Lawn for the Slip. 
(slips just NEED to be cotton!).



"By You I have been upheld from birth;
You are He who took me out of my mother's womb.
My praise shall
be continually of You."
Psalm 71:6

Happy Stitching, Jeannie












All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2022 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails