Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, October 11

Jane's Antique Sewing Treasures

This is an amazing Needle case.

You can dial the type of needle you want.  And when you open it up, the correct needles pop up.  Very interesting!  Jane demonstrated it to me so I know it really does work.

These are a few of Jane's wonderful Sewing Treasures.

I love the Mother of Pearl handle on this stilleto.

And this little egg has a surprise inside!

It's a clever Sewing Kit. 

Don't you just love it?

Here's another. It looks just like a walnut.

The same little sewing kit inside. 
 I wonder did they come with safely pins and straight pins?  


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Amazing Treasures! Just love the old antiques... just imagine the sewing stories they could tell!

Patty H. said...

I love the egg and walnut!! Wonder what the age is on these?

WendyBee said...

Such pretty little things! They just don't make things the way they used to. But I'm glad that some of those things survive for us to enjoy and share with each other.

Jane B said...

Patty, my mother received the egg shaped one as a Christmas gift about 1960.

Related Posts with Thumbnails