Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, September 17

Daygown Sew Along - Picture Gallery!!

                                                                                                                                        
Belinda used pink Floche on white fabric for her Embroidered Raglan Daygown.
Today I will show you the pictures of Sew Along Daygowns that were sent to me.  Many of you emailed me and told me you were not finished yet but planned to finish.  I am happy with your kind words and enthusiasm.

Lisa used Blue Satin Batiste and stitched a Shadow Embroidered Bunny on the front of her Embroidered Raglan Daygown.  She trimmed her Embroidered Raglan Daygown with baby tatting.  For more photos, visit Lisa at her Blog.

Marcy's Daygown with gathered lace edging.


Debbie used blue and stitched the design included with my pattern.

Chris made a pink Daygown with a Bonnet to match.

Susan sent a picture of one of her favorite parts of making her Daygown, the embroidery.  Many of you mentioned that you liked stitching the embroidery.

Marie made a slip to go with her Daygown.  And I know several of you are making a slip to go with your Daygown.

Jan crocheted the edging for her neck and sleeves.  You can see more pics of Jan's Daygown on Jans Blog.  If any of you have your Daygown on your blog, let me know and I can link to you!
(Jan, the fabric behind your Daygown looks just like my little sofa in my sewing room)

Virginia used ecru lace.

Wendy's Baby Daygown.  
I am pleased so many of you liked the embroidery design included in the pattern.

Cassie made hers from pink lawn and used white embroidery floss.  She also used Fancy Entredeux on the neck and sleeves. 

They are all lovely!  So many of you wrote to tell me that you discovered that Handsewing was not as time consuming as you thought it was going to be.  And you really like it! 

Yes, I will do another Sew Along.  Right now my mind is occupied with teaching for the SAGA convention and I hope to meet some of you there!  But I will let you know about the next one!! 
 Thank you all for sewing with me these past few weeks.
 And please share your sewing skills with others!!

Be as the Stars,
unchanging in the firmament,
Guiding others
through the darkness
by your steadfast light.
Joan Walsh Anglund




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

8 comments:

Elisabeth Rose said...

They are all so beautiful! I especially love the seafoam with ecru lace. Jeannie, you must feel great to know how many people you inspire with your sewing and sharing your knowledge!

Becky said...

I agree. Every one of them is beautiful in a different kind of way. I still lack hemming, buttons and a little embroidery, but I'll get there. I'll celebrate on my blog when I finish it. Thanks for the excellent lessons.

Martha said...

What a beautiful collection of gowns. I hope to join in next time. So sweet, each and every one.

Jan said...

Everyone, I think we all did wonderful on our gowns! We should give ourselves a pat on the back. Love everyone's gowns!

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

They are all so lovely, and each one is just a bit different. I really would like to join the next sew along.

Pat C. said...

Congratulations to everyone who finished on schedule. The gowns are beautiful. I got hung up on the embroidery -- I just don't seem to be able to make a round granito. I appear to be using the same holes when I stitch, but the granito is always an oval. Any ideas????

Unknown said...

wow, what confections!! I feel like I have just waked around in a candy store!!!
I also hope that I can participate in the next one!!

Jeannie B. said...

Pat, we did the French Knot.

Sounds like you are doing my "Granito Leaf" stitch. Makes a great satin look leaf. If you are using the same holes, you just don't have enough stitches to make it round. Might need your stitches closer together or just more stitches.

Related Posts with Thumbnails