Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, September 18

Baby Ashley in Baby's Smocked Layette

When I first saw little Ashley, she was dressed in the little gown I had made for her older cousin.  It is always a thrill to see a baby wearing something special you made.
Baby Ashley is all dressed up in Baby's Smocked Layette.  Complete with Bonnet!


She is pretty in pink.


Cute little baby toes!

The Princess and Her Shoe

Doodle, doodle, doo
The princess lost her shoe;
The princess hopped
The fiddler stopped,
Not knowing what to do.
old nursery rhyme



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Val said...

This is absolutely the most beautiful picture that I have ever saw. I wanted you to know that I still am working on the day gown. I got a late start and don't have a lot of down time but am working. I am probably going to post my progress and link to you tomorrow. I am just now on the transferring the embroidery. At least I am trying. I have to tell you though that I am doing a sample gown first with scrap fabrics just in case I mess up. Then I will do the one with the fabric that I ordered from you. Thank you for teaching us.

Unknown said...

Hi Jeannie,
The poem and your post made me smile. :) Here's a version of the poem I remember from a book I read to my children:
Cock-a-doodle doo,
The dame has lost her shoe.
The master's lost his fiddling stick,
And doesn't know what to do!

Last year was not an easy one here, so I have decided to adopt your "Have More Fun" plan for my 2011. One of the ways I do this will be to make up some dresses from 5 of your patterns which I purchased at Convention.
Thanks for an always enjoyable blog!
Sally

Related Posts with Thumbnails