Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, September 21

Baby's Smocked Layette - Again!


Very pleased with my Ruffled Brim Bonnet!
It was so fun to make.

And I am making the dress to go with it. 
Baby's Smocked Layette - Again.  In dimity.

 I told you I would!

I am not like some  people, who make a garment and are ready for something fresh and new.
I like to make it over, and over and over. This way, and that way.   I always change something.  But, it's a gentle change, usually.  May be the fabric.  May be the different entredeux for the neck, like  the one pictured above.  May be the hem (it will be on this dress, but just slightly).  Could be that I made a Bonnet to match  (I did!).

And it might be that I have attached the sleeves using entredeux, as I have here.

Well, it has been lovely stitching this pretty little dress!

The Dimity is a dream!

All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern - gown, slip, bonnet - the whole package is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

WendyBee said...

I understand your creative process. When I find something I like, I tend to explore all the subtle variations too. I also think that is the key to developing your range of skills. And your skills create such delicate beauty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails