Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, September 23

A Group of Cheerful Sewing Ladies

Aren't we a happy bunch?
This is the GNO SAGA group in New Orleans.  I was teaching a class for them over the weekend.

We were happy because they did such an excellent job stitching the class project!

Finished the tucks and Fancy Yoke band.  

Nice!!

Now, to stitch the Fancy Band to the yoke piece.

She is weaving 4 strands of floss through the "entredeux" holes of the Swiss insertion.

This is my sample.
We are making Toddlers Summer Dress
The Tucked version.


Jane is the nice lady who I am staying with.  She has a fantastic button collection.  And amazing antique needlework tools.  And a really cool sewing room.   More on that in a future post!

Next time:  Day Two with GNO Smocking Arts Guild!



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I really like the yoke - so pretty. I love seeing others' sewing rooms - looking forward to that post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails