Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, October 30

Working Hard and Having Fun

I do much of my embroidery on my comfy sofa in my sewing room.  Right by the window.  
Need more light?  Pull back the curtain!!
I work very hard at my job!

Lucky for me, my job can be lots of fun.  This has been my "office" for the last several days.  I have been finishing up the embroidery on a Daygown that was designed for my class at It's Sew Heavenly. I love the project.  Baby's Layette...a Sacque (which is just a baby jacket), matching Bonnet and Daygown.

The fabric is a fine Swiss Pima batiste and it irons up crisp and lovely!
Thought I had finished the embroidery but then...well, I added just a bit between the buttonholes.

This is the embroidery on the Bonnet.
It shimmers because it is Silk Floss.

Finished Bonnet.
I think it's very cute.  I hope my students like it!

This Baby Set is embellished with Lilly of the Valley Lace. 
That's a good start in life for Baby!!
And Here is my  finished Daygown.  I used Baby's First Daygowns pattern but made up a new variation for this class.  Neither tucks or embroidery is in the pattern.

I am looking forward to meeting all my students at the end of this week.  I have taught for It's Sew Heavenly before and the students will be delighted at the way Brenda and Lacy spoil them all!  For me, the small student numbers that Brenda insists on, means I can really  work with each student.  
I like that!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2012 Jeannie Baumeister

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Precious... love the bonnet and details! Amazing!

Patty H. said...

So beautiful! I love how crisp they look.

WendyBee said...

What gorgeous projects you always have! I love the gown and the bonnet.
I smiled when I saw the little prism rainbow from the sun in the window. I miss those! We have been under clouds for so long...but I won't complain, because we have gotten our power back, and so many others have a long haul ahead of them.

Martha said...

Ahhh what a sweet layette for a new baby. I so wish I could join you at Brenda's this weekend. Tell her and Lacy we said "Hi!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails