Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, February 3

Old State Capitol Stitching Exhibit -Two

This is a follow up from yesterdays post about the Stitching Exhibit at the Baton Rouge Old State Capitol.

Pictured above  was my favorite Feed/Flour Sack.   I love the blue and white print!! 

Click on picture to enlarge.

It would take alot of Feed/Flour sacks to get plenty of the fabric of your choice!


So, I'm thinking I would make my dresses from my favorite fabrics.

And the left overs would go into quilts.  
That might be why so many of the old quilts are scrappy.







This is a great exhibit and there is lots of interesting material to read.

Hope you are able to come see for yourself.    

More to follow in my next post….



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2014 Jeannie Baumeister

2 comments:

Martha said...

What a wonderful exhibit. I am sorry I won't be down there this month. Would have loved it. Thanks for sharing.

suziwong said...

I wish flour and other grains/produce still came in printed feed sacks *sigh* I long for some of the things from yesteryear. Great post :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails