Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, March 9

My Sewing Week in Pictures - Day Two


Working on my French Handsewers Guild project - Boutis.

Day Two

I spent the morning in front of the fire stitching and reading and drinking hot cocoa.
(will this be my last fire of the year?)

My sweet Brown Dog was right beside me.

In the afternoon, I worked on my quilt.  After 18 Months - I finally have the squares done and are stitching the blocks together.  This is the quilt I started with my Friend - my introduction into quilting.
(hers is completely finished, quilted and folded nicely)

 I am motivated to finish it because I can see the light at the end of the sewing tunnel!!

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."

Ecclesiastes 5:18-19



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2014 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

suziwong said...

The quilt is coming along beautifully; nice work. Your boutis work reminded me of my boutis kit that i put together last year and still haven't progressed beyond drawing out the design *sigh*

Strider is looking fabulous and no doubt will be loving being warmed by your open fire!

Related Posts with Thumbnails