Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, August 15

Museum - A Grand Tour.. part 2

A monogrammed hankie was included in her personal belongings.
I am thinking this was from Aurelie's married life since the initial for her last name is different.

I am continuing the Blog post from our visit to the WBR Museum exhibit.

This trunk was full of neat things.  But the sign told me "Do Not Touch"!
  It would have been fun to dig through it.

Me, wearing Hat #1 with a flirty red feather!

We were allowed to have fun with some cool old hats though. 

 If you click to enlarge the photo you would be able to read the sign telling me, "I am welcome to try on the hats but be mindful of the antique mirror".


Hat # 2 with a totally different style but still lots of feathers.  I think a bit more serious.  
But can a person be serious while wearing feathers?


Hat #3 is quite showy. I must be on my way to a very fun event.

Which hat do you think looks best on me?


The exhibit was really fun but unfortunately I was late getting these pictures up and it is now over.

There are always neat things to see at the WBR Museum and I will do two more posts to show you some things that are on permanent exhibit.


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2014 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails