Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, November 26

A Really Cute Daygown


I made this little Daygown in a Jiffy!
I wanted something soft and cosy so I made it from a fine Pink Mico-check Flannel.  To make it very usable for Mom, I made a casing and inserted a soft elastic into it.

This pattern is  "Priscilla's Layette", which I love.
It has been out of print for a while but.. Hooray, I found a few hiding in the wrong box!

 I have made up kits using this pattern.  For more information…go to my Web Shop  "Really Cute Flannel Daygown with Pattern"

I have a kit in fine solid Blue Flannel for Boy Babies too!

Sorry, these patterns  are not available except in the Kit.

I embroidered a vintage inspired Kitten on the lower right side.

And I embroidered a spray of flowers between the first two buttons.  The hem is white Swiss Edging and I also made the neck binding out of a white fabric.

Toot Sweet!!




All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2017 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails