Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Friday, December 1

Smocked Christmas Daygown in Classic Sewing Magazine

Londyn's Merry Christmas Gown is made using my pattern "Smocked Baby Clothes". It is featured in this Holiday issue of Classic Sewing Magazine.  The Smocking Design as well as embroidery are available only in the magazine issue.

I smocked the sleeves and added Baby Entredeux to the edge along with Lace Edging.

I love Smocked Sleeves for Baby clothes. The smocking gently gathers the sleeve.


The Collar is edged in fine lace and embellished with Christmas Berries.  I also stitched a Running Stitch around the collar.


This dainty Smocking Design is suitable for any Christmas Dress you choose to make.
I smocked the design using three strands of floss.

HINT: For the prettiest smocking….I separate the strands, then put them back together.  After my #7 Crewel Needle is threaded, I iron the floss.

I wanted the hem to be fancy.

I used the Smocked Daygown View 1 but finished them hem like V2.  

I will tell you how I did it in the next post.

I have a Merry Christmas Daygown kit available if you want to make one just like this.
You will need the Classic Sewing Magazine for the Smocking Design and the Embroidery!

Merry Christmas, Baby!





All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2017 Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails