Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Wednesday, September 5

Laundry Day!

I usually wash and press some of Londyn's Baby Clothes on the days that I take care of her.

On this day I decided to wash and starch a whole bunch  of them and that required some place to hang them.  The front porch was perfect for it.  The rod that held hanging baskets seemed made to order for this purpose.

I used liquid starch and dunked them thoroughly before squeezing the excess starch out.

The little Bishop in the front is a vintage dress I have had for along time, planning to copy it.

The well worn fabric of this vintage beauty washes beautifully.

Londyn looks adorable in it!


One of my all time favorite patterns is "Emma's Smocked Baby Dresses".  This is a pale blue Dotted Swiss fabric from Capitol Imports.  It's delicious!  Unfortunately this pattern is almost out of print and is only available in my Web Shop.

It is very satisfying to leave a closet full of neatly pressed dresses for Londyn.
(I adore ironing baby clothes!)

I am so lucky my children love to dress her in them.

Does my heart good!



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2018 Jeannie Baumeister



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails