Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, May 6

Sewing Circle Meets Again

The Sewing Circle at my Church met again.
There were two quilts being worked on.  This one was getting put together.
This quilt already has the two layers with batting in between and is being pinned.   I like this one.  I like the center squares and the plaid for the backing.  Who knows where the blue fabric came from.  It has long rows of Pin tucking  on it.
Close up of a square.  Four smaller squares of fabric were sewn into a larger square and then little  square was appliqued in the center.
The three layers are tied together with knots.  I am one of the knot tiers!
The smaller children's quilts will be taken on overseas mission trips.  These will probably be given to the homeless here in Baton Rouge.

The Bible lesson was about God's grace as He forgives our sins and gives us a second (and third, and fourth, and....etc) chance.   And we are to think about just what we are doing with the second chance He has given us.  There was more than that to the lesson, but I am left with the thought about what am I doing with my own second chance?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails