Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Thursday, July 15

My Summer of Daygowns..Blue



My  little neighbor wearing his new blue Daygown!
He is very handsome in blue.
Brothers.
He is lucky to have a loving Big Brother!
Remember this post?  I made the darker blue daygown and my Friend made the lighter daygown.

I stitched 1/8" tucks.  My friend stitched Pintucks.  All the tucks are done on the machine.
We each did our own embroidery.  Notice that both daygowns have Featherstitching.
She made long sleeves, I made shorter sleeves.
Trimmed with the beautiful antique lace!
  
This is the fabric and lace for my Friends next daygown!!
Fine Ultra Batiste in white.

Closer up of the lace.  Pretty combination.   
I told you my friend is fast.  She sews rings around me!

This could also be called "Our Summer of Fun"!!


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2009 Jeannie Baumeister

5 comments:

Julia said...

I should be making one for my granddaughter who is about to make an entrance any day now. Her mom wanted something else though. I posted about it yesterday. I guess I could do both.

Jan M said...

What handsome little boys, and the daygown is just precious!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Impeccable work my friend. The daygown is just precious!

I love to visit all your beautiful ladies who do this amazing work. In a pre-fab world of everything and anything being mass-produced, it's wonderful to stop in and visit those of you who not only love what you do but do it with grace, passion and joy.

I'm totally inspired.

Love to you this summer day~

Rebecca

The sewing room said...

Such lovely work and two lucky little boys.

Hugs Pat

Victoria Williams said...

I love the work you do. Sooo nice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails