Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Tuesday, July 27

White Wednesday - Baby in Pretty White Daygown

Make a Daygown from OFB Baby Layette pattern.
Beautiful Baby in White Daygown
Long sleeves and sweet embroidery.
And long enough to cover baby's little feet!
I am working on a new "take me home" daygown pattern.
I receive many calls wanting a smaller daygown that will fit better for going home from the hospital.
This little baby is 2 months old and weighs 10 lbs.
Still working on what designs to include.  
But love these sleeves!
How many daygowns did it take me to get this sleeve???
Quite a few.
It's not as easy as it looks!!

Today is White Wednesday where I show you lovely White garments!

Visit Faded Charm for more White things!



All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

6 comments:

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

How beautiful. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing.

Rebecca said...

All I can say is SWEET-baby and outfit!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet gown, and adorable baby! How clever of you..it looks complicated to make. If you get a chance, you might want to stop by and see the vintage christening gown I've posted for my first White Wednesday.

So nice to visit with you...

Lynette

Elisabeth Rose said...

Hi Jeannie, I'm enjoying your summer of daygowns and all the pretty babies, too! I can't wait for the sew-along tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my blog, Jeannie! I think the gown may even be satin..it has a heavier feel and sheen. The other little garment is cotton, very fine and light, and is an undergament..a slip of sorts. The entire outfit then, was the cotton undergarment, the gown itself next, and the tiny vest on top of it all...with the bonnet of course. Quite formal, really, for postwar Britain. My mother said she left the bonnet off for the photographs so my little face would show!

It's nice to meet you...I'm sure I will be back again to see more of your lovely work!

Lynette

Laurie said...

Soooo sweet and such a beautiful baby!!! I am lov'in all these daygowns you are making this summer - so much inspiration, but "sew" little time for me lately!

Related Posts with Thumbnails