Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, October 17

Sister Visit - Grandmother's Buttons

Grandmothers Buttons is a shop in St. Francisville, Louisiana
The owner started her Jewelry making business using her Grandmother's buttons.

The shop is full of unique  gifts of all sorts.  

But gifts and jewelry made using buttons dominate!

The shop was a former old Bank building (notice the word BANK on the window above the door - but it is spelled backwards when viewed inside the shop).  
This building is worth seeing all by itself!

There is a Button Museum inside the Bank Vault.  Beautiful and collectable buttons to see! And information about them.

The second floor of the building is where the jewelry is created.  What a wonderful place to work!

We all love Buttons!

Mother of Pearl Buttons are my favorite!

Me and my sister having my Birthday cake. 
(today I get to be the cute one in the picture!)

We had a Great time!!







All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2010 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

Susan said...

I enjoyed the tour of Grandma's Buttons. I bought several pieces of button jewelry from a company in New Orleans. So sorry Katrina wiped them out. I will contact this company to see if they have any perfume buttons. Susan VH

Related Posts with Thumbnails