Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Sunday, February 10

Stitching For Downton Abby!

I am back to the easy "Running Stitch" and no thinking for watching Downton Abby!!
My Quilt is coming along nicely, don't you think?

I am so proud of myself!

Use 1/4" Quilters Tape.
I am piecing it as per Bernadette's instructions.  
The way she does it is so easy!

Tear off a piece of tape to place right along the edge of the fabric you are piecing. You can reuse it a  few times too.  Then stitch right next to the tape.  Wa La....your seams are perfect 1/4" seams!!  Actually you are a needles width away from 1/4", so stay close to the tape.
Easy Peasy!!

I am thinking....what a great application for French Hand sewing.  The seams on most of my garments are 3/8", so the first stitching in a French Seam is 1/4".  Use this tape and the seams are perfect.  After you trim, press and put right sides together you will stitch a 1/8" seam.  The narrow 1/8"  is easy to eyeball.

I love new applications that make it easier.


All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2013 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

WendyBee said...

I followed your lead, and took up some low-concentration-required knitting for watching DA last night. I see Isobel and Violet are back to their amusing sniping, but everything else came as a surprise. I have growing respect for Branson, who always only irritated me before. I look forward to next Sunday with a mixture of dread (for the Season to end) and anticipation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails