Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Saturday, June 13

Sewing In My Garden and Phase One For Me


I've been in my back garden stitching Roses on this little dress for Londyn.

And having morning tea!

It's very nice right now.  Cool this  morning. 
It will be hot soon enough. 

This dress is my pattern French Acadian Sundresses.
It was  inspired by the  sundresses little girls have been wearing in South Louisiana for decades.

This is a simple version of this dress.  Only a bit of lace at the yoke. 
A nice play dress!

Next I washed it and put it out to dry.
This dress can be machine washed but it didn't need it.

And I don't really like to wash lace in the machine.

I find that you can smooth the lace out when it's wet and it usually looks quite nice when dried.  I will  iron the fabric though.  Or just throw it in the dryer for a couple of minutes.

As for Jeannie's Phase One:
I did curbside pick up today !!!

This was a big step for me.

All my groceries have been delivered.
I haven't been anywhere except drive through bank and pharmacy.
Or check my PO Box occasionally after the Post Office is   closed.

This wasn't a grocers and I won't say who they were.... BUT....the two employees I saw were not wearing masks.

That keeps me home. 

I don't want to be around anyone who isn't wearing a mask. 
Employees and customers alike.

I hope you are all staying safe...and sewing.

Sewing makes me happy!

Do not fear, for I am with you; 
Do not anxiously look about you, 
for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you,
surly I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

Isaiah 41:10






All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2020 Jeannie Baumeister

1 comment:

dlogan said...

Thank you Jeannie,

I've been at home since March 16th. I am still not sure about all this opening up with the virus still out there. It's really hard! I'm sewing and keeping busy as best I can!

Be well and safe!

Darby Logan

Related Posts with Thumbnails